Roadway Construction Inspector
High School or GED
Arkansas DL Required:
The City of Conway is accepting applications for the position of Construction Inspector working in the Conway Transportation Department.
- Construction observation services during street and drainage work performed by contractors working under contract to the City.
- Construction observations services during subdivision construction by developers to assure compliance with City ordinances.
- Field notification to contractors regarding rejections and objections to work that doesn’t not conform to approved plans and specifications
- Prepare and maintain detailed records including daily reports, change orders, and quantity estimates
- Review contractor pay estimates.
- Review of prepared plans and specifications for conformance with construction best practices and quality control.
- Provide other field construction inspection services as requested by the City Engineer.
- High school graduate or equivalent, tech school or college preferred
- Must possess a valid AR license and maintain a clean driving record.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers, contractors and elected officials.
Salary for the Construction Inspector position is dependent upon education and experience.