Four Year Degree
Arkansas DL Required:
- Prepare detailed construction plans and specifications for street and intersection improvements, storm drainage improvements and other public works projects utilizing AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Prepare and present both written and oral presentations of engineering projects and proposals at public meetings.
- Compute quantities, prepare cost estimates, and develop timelines for construction projects
- Review construction plans, specifications, drainage calculations, and traffic impact studies for conformance to city requirements and sound engineering.
- Conduct field review of construction projects to determine compliance with construction plans and conformance to city requirements.
- Assist in the review and payment of contractor pay estimates.
- Conduct field review of drainage and street maintenance issues and determine appropriate repairs on matters of concern reported by the public.
- Respond to citizen questions and complaints as needed.
- Coordinate with contractors, engineers, and public agencies on multi-jurisdictional projects.
- Assist in compliance with ADEQ, ANRC, and AHTD requirements.
- Assist in the evaluation of project bids and proposals.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers, and elected officials.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Degree required from an ABET accredited engineering school with a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or closely related field. Seven (7) years of relevant experience is preferred.
- Must have ability to obtain registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Arkansas
- Resumes will be accepted until position is filled