High School or GED
Arkansas DL Required:
The City of Conway is accepting applications for the position of Construction Specialist working in the Conway Transportation Department. This position performs manual labor and operates equipment required to accomplish street maintenance tasks.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent and/or 1-3 months prior relevant experience.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess an Arkansas Class B Commercial Driver’s License and maintain a clean driving record.
- Must be able to operate and drive vehicles that require a minimum of an Arkansas Class B Commercial Driver’s License.
- Ability to disseminate instructions accurately.
- Must have prior road construction/road maintenance experience.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, use manual tools and operate heavy equipment.
- Must be willing to work in adverse physical environment (inclement weather.)
- Must have the ability to achieve work goals, follow City policies and safety procedures
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers and elected officials.