The Department of Sanitation provides residential garbage collection to all single-family residences in good standing with Conway Corporation utilities. This service includes one 96-gallon green curbside garbage cart with weekly collection. Curbside collection occurs Tuesdays through Fridays.
- Garbage collection is a required utility for all residential accounts within the City of Conway.
- A fee of $17.00 plus tax is included in the resident’s monthly Conway Corporation billing.
- A residential account with Conway Corporation must be active before collection can begin.
- With your utility garbage collection, residential recycling, and yard waste services are available at no additional charge.
Need to request a new or replacement green garbage cart for your home? It's easy online!
Do you live outside the Conway city limits? Contact your city or county government offices for collection requirements and processes. The Conway Department of Sanitation provides collection services only within the Conway city limits.
Curbside garbage collection will occur under the following guidelines:
- Curbside carts must be placed at the curb no later than 7 a.m. on your regular collection day.
- Curbside carts must be placed on a flat surface no less than 3-feet from all obstacles (e.g. other carts, utility poles, mailboxes, vehicles, holiday décor, etc.) and within 2-feet of the curb.
- Place the cart where it opens toward the curb/street and the handle is toward the home.
- Any garbage placed outside of the green cart will not be collected curbside.
- The cart lid must close completely.
Per state and local regulations, some items are not permitted for regular curbside collection. These items include, but are not limited to:
- motor oil
- liquid paint
- liquid glue
- auto batteries
- auto parts
- medical waste
- construction debris (e.g. carpet, padding, wood, dry wall)